Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Wow, it's been a while

After my most challenging semester (both academically and at the Herald), I'm happy to say that I made it through in one piece, and I somehow only have eight days before I leave for Paris.

So that's it. After being a part of the Herald for two and a half long semesters, I will now cede my post to Jordan Schelling, who has been on the sports staff longer than I have been. If you want to check out my last column, you can see it here. While I think I made it pretty clear in that article, I really do cherish all my time at the Herald, and it wouldn't have been the same without my peers and coworkers who made work a great atmosphere and one that I'll really miss. I served as the Statistics Editor, Associate Sports Editor, Sports Editor, and covered the women's basketball team, men's basketball team and volleyball team.

If you're interested, here are some of my favorite articles I've written over the past few years. Hope you enjoy!

- Marcus Landry: Father, Husband, Sibling, Badger
- O'Brien Schofield nears end of long UW journey
- Retirement not an option for Iverson
- Burress' treatment comparatively unfair

I also was able to achieve my goal of writing articles for all four sections of the Herald: Sports, News, Opinion and Arts Etc. Just to prove I'm not strictly a sports writer, here they are:

Arts: Warren G to bring signature gangsta sound to Madison
Opinion: Where in the world is Rene Gonzalez?
News: Bo Ryan to coach USA basketball team in Serbia this summer

I'll probably have a few more posts before I leave, so check back before I start my Paris blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment