Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Vander Blue decommits

Just as Max predicted, Vander Blue announced in a press conference yesterday that he is decommitting from UW. Last year, he made a verbal commitment to Bo Ryan's squad, but after averaging 17 points and 5.5 rebounds per game this season, along with a state championship, Blue made the decision to hear from other schools.

Like I said yesterday, I'm pretty upset about all of this. I know Blue can do what he wants, and it's very likely he will receive offers from other top programs. But I'll also reiterate what I asked yesterday: Why wouldn't Blue want to play for UW? It's been one of the most consistent basketball programs since 2000, has an incredible coach, and some of the best fans in the country.

Still, Blue said he hasn't ruled out coming to Wisconsin. In Rob Schultz's article in the Wisconsin State Journal, he says, "
The 6-foot-4 junior guard from Madison Memorial said during a news conference Tuesday that he wants to take "'a step back and see what else is out there for me.'"

He might say he's still considering Wisconsin, but with programs now in the running for the high school star, I'm willing to bet he won't be donning Badger red next year.

Check out Schultz's article here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment