Monday, May 25, 2009

Quick thoughts about the weekend and what's coming up

I'd like to focus on what the Lakers should do tonight to get prepared to take on the Nuggets, but I'm also not a big fan of overkill, so I'll steer away from that for now. However, I will say that I'm really excited for the game tonight. I don't know if Kobe is stoppable right now, even if Carmelo Anthony and Chauncey Billups are at the top of their game, so it should be a fun game to watch.

Now on to some other stuff:
  • Did you watch the Indianapolis 500? I didn't, but I kind of wish I did. After seeing the highlights, I came to a brief realization that Indy car racing is pretty cool. Those cars go super fast and there were some pretty cool crashes mixed in. My disappointment from missing the race soon vanished when I saw that it took Helio Castroneves over three hours to finish his 200 laps. Oh well, it was worth a try.

  • The Angels took two of three from the Dodgers, leaving the blue crew at 4-2 last week after they swept the Mets at Dodger Stadium. Now, the Dodgers play a three game series in Colorado to start off a long stretch of 17 straight games without a day off. This is the second such streak for the Dodgers - Their first one was 20 games and they went 12-8 during that stretch.

  • There is literally nothing going on in the Badger world today, so I thought I'd highlight a pretty big transfer for the women's basketball team. Tiera Stephen, a point guard who started for Louisville in the National Championship game last year, will be coming over to play for Lisa Stone's squad, hopefully providing a nice set of fresh legs off the bench for Alyssa Karel and Rae Lin D'Alie, both of whom were pretty solid last season. Check out the full Capital Times story here.

  • Rafael Nadal won again in the French Open, setting a new record for consecutive wins in the Major tournament. Roger Federer beat him on clay last week, so I'm pretty excited to see what's in store for the final. Can Federer beat Nadal at his own game? I doubt it.
Players for the Mallards report today, and the first exhibition game is on Wednesday, so look out for some more articles from me. I'll make sure to post them here.

1 comments:

Jordan Schelling said...

Just a note, Tiera Stephen will never play with Rae Lin D'Alie since she has to sit out a year. She should, however, make a good one guard to Karel's two.

Post a Comment