Saturday, May 23, 2009

LeBron does it again, will Kobe respond?


Last night, I raced home to see the end of the Dodger game, which turned out to be a huge disappointment. The Dodgers blew yet another strong start from Kershaw, losing to the Angels 3-1.

But that disappointment soon turned into glee. Right after the game, I switched over to ESPN, where I saw LeBron's game-winning shot at the buzzer to beat the Magic. That brought back some Robert Horry memories (game-winner over the Kings in 03) - I can relate to the way Cavalier fans feel right now. If they lost that game, Orlando probably would have won the series. Now however, it's any team's series, and you could even say the Cavs have a momentum edge right now.

I'm not going to talk about LeBron being better than Kobe, because I think it's irrelevant right now. I will however, say that James is growing on me. I never really liked the way he couldn't spot up like Kobe, but last night, he showed similar drive and passion that Kobe's had over the past several seasons.

What will be interesting to see is whether or not Kobe does something similar in game 3 tonight against the Nuggets. Now I know the Lakers aren't playing the Cavs and Lebron's shot probably doesn't mean anything to Bryant, but ever since Jerry West said James surpassed Kobe, it seems like Kobe has been playing with an unmatchable drive.

The Lakers need a win tonight. If they don't get it, the Nuggets will have a huge advantage in the series, and they might even win it. Hopefully they won't need Kobe's heroics, but if he can do what LeBron did last night, nobody would be complaining.

0 comments:

Post a Comment