Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Vander Blue to decommit?

My buddy Max Henson informed me that later today, Madison Memorial high school star junior Vander Blue will be holding a press conference. Henson, who I will henceforth deem "The Recruit Master," told me that he expects Blue to officially decommit from UW-Madison. This comes after many reports over the past week that he is currently shopping himself to other schools. I've heard Minnesota (kill me now), Marquette (bury me), and Louisville.

Now I understand Blue's reasoning. When he committed to UW, he wasn't in the state spotlight, or better yet, the national spotlight at this point. He basically led Memorial to a state championship single handedly, and surely he's gotten calls from many coaches around the state and country.

Still, I can't stand players that don't keep their word. He verbally committed to UW, and even though this whole thing is a business, I don't understand how or why a player would leave his home state, play for one of the best coaches in college basketball, and leave the chance to become the face of Wisconsin basketball.

Well, the press conference is at 5:30 central time, so check it out, and we'll see if Blue will turn our Badger eyes red.

2 comments:

Alex Vojdany said...

Yeah playing for his home team would be the nice thing to do, but it would also be the “soft” thing to do. And yeah playing for Madison, he would get full recognition and be the “face of basketball” here, but it would build his character and challenge him to be a contributor to a team he feels is stronger instead of the hero for a team that is not as strong. Why settle? It’s a personal choice on which team he thinks would carry him farther and which team would advance his skills and build him up the most.

-voj

dubsfollower said...

"He basically led Memorial to a state championship single handedly" THat is not really true at all

Post a Comment